The Academy of Human Resources Development (AHRD), as part of its Silver Jubilee Year, successfully conducted a Workshop on Creative Human Resource Management at IIM Ahmedabad on the 27th and 28th of June, 2015.
The workshop was designed to highlight highly creative and relatively cost effective ways in which strategic HRM issues can be tackled.
The Faculty included stalwarts from both academia as well as industry: Dr. Pradip Khandwalla (Ex-Director IIMA and Co-ordinator of the workshop), Dr. T.V. Rao, Dr. Anil Khandelwal (Ex-CMD, Bank of Baroda), Dr. Jayanti Ravi (Commissioner of Rural Development), Dr. Santrupt Misra (CEO, Carbon Black, Aditya Birla Group), Mr. Shrikant Lonikar (Jt. President, Adani Group) and Dr. Rajeshwari Narendran (Director AHRD)
KEY LEARNING POINTS:
- There is a dissonance of HR with business. HR can play a pivotal role in grooming individuals, organizations, society and nation.
- Open Massive communication and direct “Connect” of the leader with every employee through open forums can create magical impact.
- Role of HR needs to be more diagnostic. The need of the hour – capability to know the pulse through strong research as manyorganizations suffer “Collective Conspiracy for Complacency” which may turn out to be very expensive.
- Touch the hearts of people as most of them want to be heard and contribute. Both convergent and divergent thinking are essence of Creative HRM.
- Creative destruction to be a part of transformation by destruction of unwanted systems, policies and attitude to enhance nurturing high levels of creative thought and to drive excellence
- Tough leader cannot be popular as well as a great task master.
- Intangibles drive the tangibles in the business.
- The areas of development can be marked through individual creativity and collective creativity
- Reach out to stakeholders, engage them, be truthful and generate faith in them.
- Courage to do things differently, clear vision and drive, in sync with passion, is the right creative DNA of any organization